Sunday, August 23, 2009

Translate this..

I was hangout with some friends of mine at Old Town near KLCC when a group of Chinesse ladies happen to sat beside our table..then a friends of mine who happen to know that I can speaks in Chinesse asks me what on earth are they talking about. Then I told her that these Chinesse ladies are speaking in Kantonesse which is unfortunate for us because I'm only speaking Mandarin. Surprisingly, my other friend starts taking interest on the fact that I can speak Mandarin. I was cool for the first 10minutes as I get this kind of attention all the time. But then, she keep on asking me to translate various item or word to mandarin.

When she ask, what is "I love you" in chinesse. I replied " Wo ai ni"
Then, what is "I want to hit you". Consequently, "Wo yao ta ni"
hence, what is "coffee", "tea". "ka fei", "cha"
"computer", "car" and "kuala lumpur". "tian nao", "che" & "Ji lom po"
and then the list go on and on and on..

However, there are few things that I can't translate..
that because I graduated from Chinesse school like 9 years ago.
there tons of Mandarin word slip out of my brain
furthermore, I only get "C" in my Mandarin Language..

What upset me most is when I couldn't answer her translation when it is too difficult for me such as "watchin movies", "parking lot", "oil station".
(Note : It's not like I didn't know, it just that I forgot)
Hence, not the couldn't answer upset me. It just the way she respond when I say I don't know. I act all cool but deep in my heart, I just wan't to tear up this girl.

In my defense, we are not perfect. We usually forgot everything we supposed to know. I usually forgot what is today date, even worse sometimes I confused what year is now.

Furthemore, its like you guys know English any better. We all been learning english from we are kindergarden and till now, on university stage. We still learning it. Yet, most of us still inconfident with ourself and don't know most of the word. Sometimes, we even choke ourself up when a lecturer told us to respond in english.

Thus, instead for make fun of me for have such a lousy capacity in remembering..how bout take a look around.. U are certainly not the pick of the dish either.
(Why Im being so emotional over something so ridiculous??)

Moral of the stories : Never assume someone is good at something just because that someone been there and done that. And..NEVER NEVER and NEVER ask me for any difficult Mandarin translation anymore. If I doing such a great job in translation, right now I probably working as translator for Chinesse corporate.

2 comments:

Hidayati Aziz said...

ape kesian dlm bhs mandarin???

hohohohohoho..

oh tedah...~!!

:P

6degree said...

"ke lian"