Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jot that down


I always don't get it why we as undergraduate always have to quote
other people work?

Is it because the people we quote are good at what they are?

Or is it because this is the indirect way of the Faculty telling
us that we are no good..so instead speak with our opinion, better
stop all the gibberish because all that will make us appear less
brightly than a broken car headlight.


The part I hate most is that we should memorize all the saying
because that what the lecturer prefer to see in our test paper
instead of what we really understand on particular subject.
I remember particular time before a test when I beginning to
question myself. Why should I remember what others people saying?

I not even personally know the guys. How can I be sure that he
stated what is right?

So here is the interesting part. I need to cited a random person
quote in my paper because that will make my essay to appear solid
and I will get a handsome mark. There a saying say that "Meluntur
buluh biar dari rebungnya". If we don't want our kids to be a
prick who can't even count their money. We have to teach them from
kindergarden. Obviosly, not after they spend all their money
(ptptn to be precise) in a new mobile phone model. Thus, if we
want these fresh mind to think fresh. I don't think we supposed to
splash black ink at the white sheet. Instead of telling people to
remember bluntly every word. Why not explaining to us what is the
significant of remember these word? Let's try something
interesting.


"A plan is a goal, indicating certain beliefs; a schedule,
specifying steps to be taken;a theory, considering
relationships;and a precedent, established for existing
decisions."

(R.M.Cyert and J.G.March)

This is a quote stating what "Planning" is supposed to mean. Other
than this, there are like at least another 5 quote stating what is
"Planning" by others people I learn so far. Thus, aren't that these quotes
themselves saying that there aren't any best answer. Then why
should our own opinion be any less different? Is it just because
we don't have any certificate up in our wall?


I wonder what will happen to brilliant mind back in the days if
they have to learn by quote instead of make a new discovery.
Furthermore, no wonder Adi Putra will find himself crying in some
bureaucratic school.

No comments: